Tuff Stuff Performance Chrysler Starter
1965-83: 225, 273, 318, 340, 360, 361, 383, 400, 426, 440
Up to 51:1 compression, 9 tooth pinion gear.
Tuff Stuff starters are hand made from premium quality new components - not remanufactured - and are quality built in USA. Most Gear Reduction style starters, which are considerably smaller than the OE starters, incorporate a mounting block that can be indexed to gain additional clearance. Starters include mounting bolts and shims where applicable. Ideal for high horsepower muscle cars, hot rods, trucks and daily-drivers. Finishes include chrome plated, zinc plated and powder coated.
- Designed For High Horsepower And High Compression Engines
- Lighter And Smaller Than OE Starters
- Additional Header Clearance
- Heavy Duty Armatures
- Premium Quality Ball Bearings
- 1 Piece Steel Motor Housing For Maximum Strength
- 100% Copper Band Field Coils
- Thicker Solenoid Contacts